Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Puppy Chow











I make this for a good friend every year for her October birthday, so it makes me think of fall - she loves it! It reminds her of our high school days when my mom used to make this by the truck load. It is super easy and I am sure anyone would be happy to get a pretty bag full of this good stuff as a gift!
Puppy Chow
1 stick butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
10 cups Rice Chex
3 cups powdered sugar

Find a big paper grocery bag and put the powdered sugar in it. Set aside. Put the first three ingredients in a saucepan and melt slowly over low heat. Pour over the rice chex in a large bowl. Mix to coat and pour cereal into grocery bag with sugar and shake until coated.


Make sure it is completely cooled before being sealed up - if there is any left to put away! :)








2 comments:

  1. What a AWESOME!!! treat for my grand-daughters and I think they will enjoy helping me make them.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loves to help make this and shake the bag! Although last time I was trying to hurry (my first mistake) and melted my big tupperware bowl that I use to mix this (set it on the hot burner after dumping in the paper bag)! ugh!

    ReplyDelete