Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baking Pie Pumkins and Pumpkin Muffins/Bread











I found there pumpkins at the local apple orchard market for way cheap (.50 ea). I decided to bake one of them yesterday following these directions - except I just sprayed the pan with non-stick spray, then added an inch of water and did not brush the pumpkin with the honey.


I then put the flesh into the food processor and got about 3 cups of pumpkin puree. I used 2 cups to make the Muffins/Bread/Mini Muffins pictured above.

Pumpkin Bread
2 C Sugar
1 C Veggie oil (I used 1/2 C oil and 1/2 applesauce)
4 eggs lightly beaten
2 C pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
3 1/2 C flour (I used 1 C whole wheat)
2 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t cloves
2/3 C water
2 apples - peeled and grated


Stir sugar and oil. Stir in eggs and pumpkin. Blend in dry ingredients alternately with the water. Stir in grated apples.


Bake at 350 for 30-40 min in 2 - 9x5 loaf pans, or separate it between loaf pans and muffins tins.

Let stand 10 min and remove from pan. I found the fresh pumpkin to be less "pumpkin-y" than canned pumpkin, but still yummy! Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment