Friday, October 9, 2009

Frugal Friday

I often buy pork chops at Costco, which run $12 - $13 a package for 9 -10 big, thick chops. When I get the pork chops home, I cut each chop in half – like I am butter flying it, only I go the whole way. The chops are then the same thickness as the ones I get in the grocery store. I freeze them in 4 chop portions and that is more than enough for our family- plus, it usually gives my husband lunch the next day. The package I just bought from Costco was 12.79 and I got 20 nice size chops. That will feed our family 5 times for a total protein cost per meal of $2.56 - which is much better than our local grocery store’s sale of $1 per chop.


I will take a picture next time, but I was in a hurry when I got home from the store and got them in the freezer ASAP.



Visit Frugal Friday at LifeAsMom for more money saving ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent tip. I haven't made pork chops in a long time. Hmmm - perhaps it's time to make some more.

    ReplyDelete